November ’14 Minutes
November 3rd, 2014 Minutes
- Donate a bag of used clothes/shoes or help us for an hour at the swap meet
- Location: Spring Valley Swap meet
- When: Nov 22
- More details will be sent out along with December clinic requirements later next week.
CSSC Announcements: Email Niveen at (Niveen17.email@example.com) for more information on any of the following announcements.
CSSC meetings opened to all and held on Wednesdays at 1PM in Council Chambers (3rd floor of student union).
- Summer class preferences will be reviewed in approximately 3 weeks. Class Request Survey: https://www.
- Co-Extracurricular Transcript available through Student Life & Leadership.
Opportunity for Graduation Cord:
(Opened to all science major/minor students)
If you would like a cord from CSSC at graduation, you must earn 15 cord points before graduation. You can earn these points by attending various events approved through CSSC. (1 hour=1 cord point.) A list of approved events are being complied and will be shared through a google document. Below are a few of the upcoming events that will earn you points! For documentation purposes, please fill out the community service form provided by CSSC and take a photo at the event.
Upcoming Approved Events:
- Bowling Night w/Deans-Nov.10th (4-5:30pm) ***(Complimentary Bowling, Pizza, and Drinks)
- CSSC Science Fair-Nov. 15th (8am-4pm)
- Flying Samaritans Food Drive (brown rice, beans, canned vegetables=1 point)
- American Medical Student Association Toy Drive (1 toy=1 point)
- Aztecs Rock Hunger ($5 or 30 pounds=1 point)
November 17, 2014 Meeting:
- Spring Valley Swapmeet November 22nd
- 8am – 3pm
- Members can volunteer an hour or donate used items (clothes, shoes, toys, etc.)
- This fundraiser is a requirement for the December Clinic
- If you are volunteering for the Swap Meet fundraiser, you must volunteer for a minimum of an hour to fulfill the fundraising requirement. If you plan to donate clothes to fulfill the requirement please contact Jasmine Carey to arrange a time for her to get the donations from you. If you plan to volunteer and donate then you can bring your donations with you when you volunteer. If you are volunteering and do not have any transportation to the Swap Meet please contact Jasmine Carey and let her know what area you live in. For those who need a ride, you will probably have to stay for more than an hour. If you have a hard time finding the place or our specific space please contact Adrianna Guzman
- The fundraiser is at Spring Valley Swap Meet 6377 Quarry Rd, Spring Valley, CA 91977
- Jasmine Carey 323 399 9429
- Adrianna Guzman 858 805 1385
- Charger’s Game November 23rd
- $50 per volunteer will be donated to Flying Samaritans
- Members who participate in this fundraiser will be given priority for the December, January, or February Clinic
- More info to be sent out for those participating in this fundraiser
- Wine Bar December 5th
- Open Forum-College of Science (Nov.19, 1PM, Council Chambers)
- Leadership Minor available for spring semester
- Summer Class Survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/
- Mascot Research Report (Voice your opinion on mascot change by contacting Niveen)
- Community Service Google Doc:(https://docs.google.com/
spreadsheets/d/1zL20- jmOYNcFsgPY0jllkWY36STryJyIZim T6kHDWvM/edit#gid=0)
- Professional Meet & Greet (Nov. 20, 11:30pm, Templo Mayor)
- Forks over Knifes (Nov. 20th, 7pm, Storm Hall West 12)
- AMSA Toy Drive (1point=1toy)